USDA Energy Programs
In Texas, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers several rural energy programs to support the development and implementation of renewable energy systems. These programs aim to promote energy efficiency, reduce reliance on fossil fuels, and stimulate economic growth in rural communities. Here are some USDA rural energy programs available in Texas:
1. Rural Energy for America Program (REAP): REAP provides grants and loan guarantees to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for the installation of renewable energy systems and energy efficiency improvements. Eligible projects include solar panels, wind turbines, biomass systems, and energy-efficient equipment. Funding can cover up to 25% of project costs.
2. Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP): RESP offers loans to rural electric cooperatives and utilities to establish on-bill financing programs. These programs allow rural consumers to finance energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy installations through their utility bills. RESP loans can be used to support a wide range of energy efficiency measures.
3. Value-Added Producer Grant Program (VAPG): While not exclusively an energy program, VAPG provides grants to agricultural producers to develop value-added products, including renewable energy projects. These grants can support the production of bioenergy, biofuels, and other renewable energy products derived from agricultural resources.
4. Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP): BCAP provides financial assistance to agricultural and forest landowners for the establishment, production, and delivery of biomass feedstocks. This program supports the development of biomass energy systems, such as bioenergy facilities and biofuel production.
5. Rural Business Development Grants (RBDG): RBDG offers grants to rural businesses, cooperatives, and organizations for various purposes, including energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy projects. These grants can support the implementation of energy audits, energy-efficient equipment upgrades, and renewable energy installations.
It's important to note that program availability, eligibility criteria, and funding levels may vary.
Contact us today to explore these options!